Thursday, November 7, 2013

Rogue Running

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rogue

#2. a playfully mischievous person

I chose the name "The Rogue Runner" for this blog because I believe that do go rogue from time to time when it comes to my running. In a good way, that is.

This year, I trained for my very first Olympic distance triathlon... while pacing for my second full marathon. I also ran a trail marathon on one weekend, and a 50K two weeks after.

These are not the types of things that coaches would advise someone do, but to be fair I was following what was on our designated training schedule. I just don't know whether they expected someone to sign up for all the races mentioned, especially for the fall trail training race calendar.

Next year, I am up to the same "magic" tricks. I am signed up to do the Big Sur Full Marathon, but I still want to do Wildflower Olympic (or even Long Course) the weekend after. I will be signed up shortly for the San Francisco Marathon, and I'm contemplating signing up for the Vineman Half or Full Aquabike (Swim and Bike without the Run portion of the triathlon).

My race plans for 2014 are already formulating in my head, but I know I have to focus on my goal race in the next few weeks: The North Face Endurance Challenge 50 Mile Race. Once I finish that, I can go back to dreaming about bigger and brighter goals.

And oh, yeah, I'm also signed up for Ironman Lake Tahoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment